All Collections
Account & Billing
How can I satisfy a deposit?
How can I satisfy a deposit?
Tori avatar
Written by Tori
Updated over a week ago

Deposits can be paid online in your MyAccount or by calling a Care Representative at 1-800-205-5230.

You may be eligible for a deposit waiver if:

  • You can provide a letter of credit. The Letter of Credit must show no more than 1 late payment for the most recent 12 consecutive months as well as have no disconnections for non-payment.

  • You are age 65+ with the following forms of identification: State issued identification card, US Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, or a Government Employee ID. And your most recent electric bill with proof of payment.

  • You are a victim of family violence. If you are a victim of family violence, you will need to provide a Texas Council on Family Violence deposit waiver certification letter. Your letter should be filled out by a Texas district attorney or county attorney, family violence personnel, Office of the Attorney General personnel, law enforcement personnel, treating medical personnel, or a grantee of the Texas Equal Access to Justice Foundation. Your letter must be submitted directly to your Retail Electric Provider.

  • If you are Medically Indigent: Please submit a certification to GoodCharlie establishing that the account owner is medically indigent.

Did this answer your question?